Using iPhone to contact friends, business partners, and relatives and so on has become an essential part of our modern life. As a common iPhone user, you may save lots of contact details on your iPhone. But if you plan to reset your iPhone, you perhaps need to get contacts from iPhone to PC for fear of losing any important contact data.
Is it a tough task to transfer contacts from iPhone 4S to computer, backup iPhone 3GS contacts onto PC? Just take your time, here we will teach you how to get iPhone contacts to computer by using iPhone Transfer or iTunes simply.
1. Get contacts from iPhone to PC via iPhone Transfer
IPhone 4S to PC Transfer, which is a versatile iPhone, iPad and iPod touch manager, lets you get iPhone contacts onto computer or transfers other files among iPod, iPad, computer, etc. Honestly to say, this is the easiest program for solving the problems of how to backup files from iPhone 4S to PC and transfer videos from iPad 3 to computer.
What you need to do is to connect your device to computer, select any kind of file you like to transfer and click “export” button at last.
And, incidentally, you can export iPhone contacts as TXT, ANTC or CSV files in your hard disk.
2. How to get iPhone contacts to computer by iTunes
Alternatively, you can get iPhone 4S contacts to PC on Windows 7 by using iTunes. For Windows XP users, you can refer to the guide too.
- Go to Apple official website to download, install and run iTunes. If you have installed it, skip this step.
- Use included USB cable to connect iPhone to computer. Find “iPhone” option under “Devices” icon on iTunes and click it. You can right click “iPhone” to backup it at first.
- Now click “info” tab when you finish the above process. Check “Sync Contacts with” option and choose “Windows Contacts” from the drop-down list. Click “Apply” or similar tabs at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Hit “Windows+ R” keys on your keyboard to run Windows and type “wab” word in the open field. Select “OK” tab in the “Run” dialogue box.
A tiny arrow will appear on a new window, click it and select “export” icon. Click “CSV” and “export” options to export Windows contacts as CSV file.
- Hit “Browse” button to select a location for saving contacts files. Select what related contact information you want to export in the iPhone contacts field and hit “finish” button. When you see a message which reminds you that you have finished getting iPhone contacts to PC, click “OK” option.
Evidently, the first way is easier than the second one. Using the first way, you just need to hit “export” icon to transfer iPhone contacts to computer immediately. But it takes you more energy to finish doing it by the second way. Still, it’s up to you to choose which way to get contacts from iPhone to PC.